How to apply
It is our experience that investors have most confidence in asset-backed propositions and as such the CSU fund initially will only look to support projects of this kind. In addition, you must be able to satisfy the following criteria:
• the project and share issue are being run by an experienced project manager that has both successfully completed at least one community share issue and implemented at least one other sufficiently similar project. This may be an external organisation or the community benefit society itself.
• the community benefit society has the projected revenue to afford to pay at least 7% pa interest on funds drawn or 2% higher than is offered to the equity investors in the prospectus, whichever is the higher.
• the community benefit society must have measurable social impact ambitions and the mechanisms in place to report on these.
• the community benefit society must not be seeking greater than 60% bank debt as part of their overall funding package.
• community share issues must have a viability equity fundraising target of at least £100,000 and have a fixed offer period of no longer than 6 months
If you meet the above criteria and wish to apply, download an application form.
The completed form can be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.