Investment readiness consultancy
If a social enterprise is looking to find gap funding, there are often a number of steps and processes it needs to work through in order to become attractive to private equity investors.
Resonance can guide you through this stage. Our investment readiness model usually covers the following aspects:
- Strategy – the organisation is challenged to articulate how this expansion ambition will help it fulfil its organisational goals.
- Governance - the organisation’s decision making process and expertise are examined for conflicts of interest and due process, and to spot gaps in the management team and non-executive board members
- Structure – the legal structure is reviewed to provide the appropriate framework recognising business risk, objectives around raising money ownership and tax
- Impact – the organisation undergoes a Transformational Index Session to clearly articulate their theory of change and then work out meaningful KPIs for ongoing measurement of the organisations social impact
- Business Model – the organisation is helped to prepare a business model canvas to clearly illustrate their current and evolving business model on a single page
- Need / Solution – the proposal is examined for its need, looking both at internal and external factors including market research and competitor analysis.
- Targets – specific goals are set for this new venture against which its level of success could be measured.
- Capacity – the organisation's capacity in terms of skills and personnel is examined and gaps identified in both the preparation of the venture and also its on going delivery.
- Financial Modelling – cash flow, profit/loss and balance sheet forecasts for the specific venture in question
- Risk Assessment – risks and opportunities are analysed and scored with mitigating actions identified
- Investment Proposal – finally an investment proposal is prepared to take to investors, with a list of supporting due diligence documents
Please call us on 0845 0043432 if you wish to find out more about this service.